Dunaliella salina is a unicellular microalgae species inhabiting hyper saline lakes and seas. It is one of the few organisms able to survive in an environment with high concentration of salts. Its existence in such conditions is possible thanks to the fact that the microalgae synthesize a variety of useful compounds.Dunaliella salina contains vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll, polysaccharides and essential fatty acids, including Omega-3 and Omega-6. It is the world’s richest natural source of β-carotene; other important carotenoids it contains are α-carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin.Dunaliella salina of THE GOLDEN APPLE is a concentrate of 9 carotenoids. The microalgae’s fine cell membranes make them easy to absorb.
Dunaliella salina has powerful antioxidant properties to slow aging and potent antimutagenic effect. It has strong photoprotective properties. You can use it as a general means of strengthening and toning the body. It is indispensable in maintaining your good eyesight; it is recommended for vitamin imbalances; skin problems; lung and bronchi disorders; in cases of inflammatory diseases; diseases of the gastrointestinal tract such as ulcers; for liver cirrhosis, etc.
Here is a list of the beneficial properties of Dunaliella salina:
- The β-carotene it contains is an important pro-vitamin, processed into Vitamin A in the body. It contributes to the maintenance of excellent eyesight. The lutein and zeaxanthin contained in these microalgae are also extremely important for your eye health. This is the reason why Dunaliella salina is an essential ingredient in the product AlgaEye of THE GOLDEN APPLE created to care for your eyes and reduce eye fatigue.
- The high concentration of β-carotene in Dunaliella salina gives effective protection against breast, skin, cervix, lung, colon, and bladder cancer.
- Dunaliella salina, due to the carotenoids it contains, provides protection from cardiovascular disease, atherosclerosis and stroke.
- The β-carotene contained in Dunaliella salina supports skin functionality and protects it from free radicals. The microalgae help protect the body from UV-radiation and contribute to healthy skin pigmentation and tan when exposed to sunlight. The γ-linolenic acid and the fatty omega-6 acid protect and rejuvenate the skin.
- The high content of β-carotene helps the immune system and cell growth.
- Dunaliella salina, a powerful antioxidant, slows aging.
- It contains essential trace elements in organic form, which significantly facilitates their absorption in the gastrointestinal tract. It regulates iron deficiencies in the body, activates and normalizes metabolism.
- Thanks to the carotenoids they contain, the microalgae support the reproductive processes in men and women. They assist the proper development of the foetus during pregnancy and child growth.
- Dunaliella salina helps normalize bone metabolism. It contributes to bone and cartilage regeneration.
- Due to the β-carotene it is also beneficial in cases of acne.
- The amino acid glutamine in Dunaliella salina stimulates concentration, memory and brain activity.
- The amino acid arginine protects the liver from overload and improves blood circulation, which is especially important during intensive physical activity.
Product with Dunaliella salina